Here’s a recipe full of pampering: lavender honey waffles. The waffles evoke memories of childhood and the afternoons at a fair where we tasted this delicacy still warm and full of chocolate cantilevers. Here we offer you a different kind of filling: lavender honey butter, which tastes better and just as delicious. Follow this step-by-step recipe to get fluffy but crunchy waffles.
What I need:
For 4 people
Ingredients for waffle dough :
- 1 egg
- 50 g butter
- 125 g of flour
- 20 cl milk
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 1 bag of vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
Ingredients with lavender honey butter:
- Lavender honey butter
- 100 g of unsalted butter
- 50 g of lavender honey
- 1 drop of lemon juice
Ingredients for whipped cream:
- 50 g icing sugar
- 25 cl of liquid cream
- 1/2 vanilla stick
Lavender honey waffle making steps:
Step 1: Waffle Dough
1) Gently melt the butter in a saucepan and allow to cool.
2) Mix the flour, baking powder and vanilla sugar in a bowl.
3) Make a pit with your fingers and pour in the melted butter. Add egg and salt. Mix everything.
4) Gradually add the milk, stirring, until you get a smooth and homogeneous paste.
5) Put the bowl in the refrigerator and let the dough rest for 2 hours.
Step 2: Lavender honey butter
1) Start by cutting the butter into pieces.
2) Add lavender honey to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
3) Lift the pan off the stove and gradually add more whisking.
4) When the mixture is smooth, add the lemon juice and stir.
Step 3: Whipped cream and sauce
1) Cut the vanilla bean lengthwise in half with the tip of a knife.
2) Scrape the inside with the tip of a knife to recover the seeds.
3) Whisk the cream to rise. This must grab the whip. Carefully add icing sugar and vanilla seeds.
4) Bake the waffles by adding a scoop of dough to the waffle maker. Adjust the appliance correctly so that the waffle stays soft on the inside but crisp on the outside.
5) All you have to do is serve still warm waffles with lavender honey butter and homemade whipped cream!