Baked apples are one of the classic and traditional desserts. The recipe is extremely easy, as it simply fries apples with a small amount of water and a little sugar. But the retakes of this dessert are numerous. In fact, the advantage of this simple recipe is that all the extra ingredients are allowed. You can add cinnamon, salted butter, caramel, etc. to taste.
What I need:
For 4 people
- 4 apples (according to your choice, but preferably Boskoop or Reinettes d’Armorique)
- 1 glass of water
- 8 teaspoons orange jam (marmalade)
- 40 g of semi-salted butter
1) Start by preheating the oven to 180 degrees.
2) Prepare the apples: wash them, but do not peel them. Remove the middle part with an apple heart.
3) Prick the apples with the tip of a knife so that the peel does not crack during cooking.
4) Take a large baking dish and put the apples in it.
5) Add semi-salted butter from which the kernel has been removed to the center of each apple. Also add 2 teaspoons of orange jam.
6) Pour a glass of water into the bottom of the pan and put everything in the oven. Let cook for 30 minutes.
7) Once the apples are wrinkled, plant with a knife to check if they are soft. If so, the oven apples are ready!
Now it’s time to taste this fragrant and sweet-filled recipe that comes with a bowl of vanilla ice cream.
Small increase: according to your wishes you can decorate the apples with walnuts, cinnamon or dried fruit.