Fennel is not the most popular vegetable, but still it contains many useful nutrients for the body. It is found in the autumn and its freshness is recognized by the whiteness of the onion and the bright green color of the onion. It comes in all forms in the kitchen, and today we recommend adding it to a salty cake. Fennel goes very well with fresh goat cheese, which brings out its delicate taste. Here is a (very easy) recipe for fennel and fresh goat cheese cake.
What I need:
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 fennel
- cream cheese
- 20 cl of liquid cream
- 15 g of semi-salted butter
- 1 tablespoon. sugar
- Salt pepper
Steps for making fennel and fresh goat cheese cake:
Before you start, Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th.6).
1) Wash the fennel thoroughly and cut it into strips.
2) Heat a large frying pan and melt 15 g of semi-salted butter. Add ground fennel.
3) Sprinkle sugar over fennel and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
4) Spread the puff pastry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Draw a border with the tip of a knife 5 mm from the edge of the dough.
5) Lightly mix the cream cheese in a small container with the liquid cream. Season with pepper and salt to taste. Stir again until homogeneous. Then cover the puff pastry with this mixture to the edge drawn with a spoon and place the slices of fennel on top.
6) Bake the pie for 20 minutes.
Voila, your fennel pie is ready! All you have to do is enjoy this delicious salty cake, which you will follow with a good season of green salad!