Orange is an ideal fruit for filling vitamins! Juicy and tasty, it is eaten fresh to benefit from all its nutrients. It is also possible to add oranges to desserts. Here comes the orange foam, a sweet and airy dessert. This is a very easy recipe to make, but it must be prepared in advance for the cream to stick. Here’s a recipe for orange mousse, a vitamin-rich and easy-to-prepare dessert.
What I need:
For 4 people
- 2 egg yolks
- 20 cl fresh cream
- 200 ml of milk
- 60 g sugar
- 4 glasses 30 cl
- 1 teaspoon agar
- 1 large orange (about 100 ml of juice)
Orange mousse preparation steps:
1) Start by washing the orange and drying it. Cut a small part of the skin without removing the white part and set it aside. Squeeze the orange juice. Collect the orange peel by scraping the rest of the skin. Filter the juice.
2) Add milk to the pan, a piece of orange peel left aside and bring to a boil.
3) Take the boiler off the hob and put the lid on. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4) Beat the egg yolks with the sugar in a bowl until a light foam. Filter the milk and add it to the eggs, along with the orange peel and agar that you have previously dissolved in the cold milk.
5) Put the mixture in a saucepan and heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
6) Add the orange juice and continue mixing.
7) Whip the cream to a lather and then add it to the preparation.
8) Pour the preparations into four glasses and put them all in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
Taste well chilled!