The plum harvest takes place during the summer season, usually in July-September. However, after picking, the plums no longer ripen. Therefore, it is better to expect the first to fall naturally from the tree when ripe. This delicious sweet fruit can be eaten alone, but also cooked both salty and sweet. Today we offer you a plum crumb recipe that is an ideal dessert for beautiful summer evenings.
What I need:
For 4 people:
- 100 g of sugar
- 125 g of butter
- 125 g of flour
- 400-500 g of plums
Steps to crumble the plum:
1) Start in a bowl or salad bowl by mixing the flour and butter with your fingertips. You should get a sandy texture.
2) Add the sugar and mix everything together.
3) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
4) Lubricate the oven pan.
5) Peel the plums and cut them in half. Put the plums in a pan and cover with shortbread.
6) Bake the pan for 25 minutes. When the top is a little golden brown, it’s done!
Small +: if you plan to serve this crumb to your guests with a meal, it is more practical to prepare it in single portions, for example in ramekines. Don’t hesitate to supplement it with vanilla ice cream!